Saturday, May 21, 2011

HOT HOT HOT!

A beautiful day after a week of rain and only  a few brave souls ventured forth to Oyster Bay.
Yesterday I picked up a gallon of custon paint in order to put the finish coat onto the Worlds Fair cab display. I think I finally got the correct color for "Goodfellow" grey to go along with the orange.

Ronnie, Paul, Gerard and I were able to get a first coat on and will finish up in 2 weeks.
There will be no work session next week for the memorial day weekend.

John Specce, the OBRM President came by with the new signs touting our "spend a day in Oyster Bay program and we put one up on the fence and the other was destined for the back of the Worlds Fair Cab.
James, our Barry Tech intern, spot welded 5 studs to the back sheet and we hung the sign and bolted it down. No more double sided or duct tape for us!.

I was the only docent on hand today as our regular docent Harvey, was unavailable and we had over 50 visitors to the yard. A cub scout troop from Sea Cliff came by to visit. They were so cute in their uniforms and they also had a group photographer with them.
Feeling good today (because of the weather, I guess), I asked them if they wanted to take a photo on the turntable. No surprise to me, they did and I even got into one shot with the kids.
All in all, a nice day.

Just so you all know, I did not take any photos today and I plan on making this my last blog for some time.
I am too busy now with work and will not have any extra moments to spare on the weekends.
I may do a once a month blog.
Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment