No seriously, no pictures!!
We were so immersed in what we were doing that I forgot to take any photos.
Arriving at 8am to a cold morning, Rich & I set up the compressor and air lines in order to continue the needlescaling of #35's frame.
It night sound tiring to you all, but, this is a long drawn out process. However, there is light at the end of the tunnel and no, it wasn't a train coming.
Except for 1/2 of 1 side of a boiler mounting plate.... wait for it......
#35's frame has been needlescaled to as far as we need to go!!!
Hopefully, Tuesdays weather will cooperate and allow me to put in the time to complete the task.
Many hands showed up to not only needlescale, but to prime as well.
I still have not been able to get the drawbar pin to pop and
of course(!) I forgot to bring up the new jack. I hope to remember to do it Tuesday.
When we resume our endeavors on Saturday, We will focus on 2 things-
1-finish priming of #35's frame
2-needlescaling all 3 sets of drive wheels.We have made great strides on this project but need to push the days work into finishing up all 3 sets, outside and backside.
Since we may have to give back the air compresssor that we have rented for the past month, we will work on the tender truck frames with our small air compressor until they are done, primed and covered with tarps.
I hope to be able to accomplish this goal before we get any snow or bitter cold. It would be a shame not to complete this final task.
Rich, Doug, Jeff, Ronnie, Evan, Paul and even Steve R showed up to assist me in our days work.
Unfortunately, we had no docent on site to give tours as our docent at the visitors center came down with laryngitis and had to take off which moved our yard docent into the visitors center to keep it open. That meant that when we had visitors, I had to stop working in order to show them around.
Keep your fingers crossed!!!